Are you finding it hard to increase your blog followers despite publishing great content consistently, promoting your posts across all social media platforms, utilizing SEO and having great engagement rates on your easy to navigate blog? Do you only see a handful of people within your e-mail subscriptions list? Then it might be time to find out how to increase followers with this simple tip.
This post may contain affiliate links of which I will make a commission from. This is at no additional cost to you and allows me to keep ESWT running. Click here to read the full disclosure.
So you’re doing everything right. You’ve got e-mail opt-ins, you have all the best widgets, gidgets, gadgets and plugins ever created yet you don’t know where else to go from here. We can solve that and it needn’t be a headache or take all day.
Maybe you started out your blogging journey with a free account on WordPress.com, like many of us. Blogs on there automatically display the follow button, you could also add it onto your sidebar, remember that? Have you noticed that’s a distant memory since going self hosted? All we’ve got now is the boring old e-mail follow sign up forms.
Well, that sucks!
Why? Well because other WordPress bloggers are able to follow you easily with one click if you’ve got a follow button. People feel apprehensive about signing up for e-mails due to the assumed junk they’ll find in their inbox. Sure, bloggers can still follow you through the reader, but that’s effort! Do us bloggers have the time for that? No.
If only we could get that button back – life would be so much simpler. Hmm but, oh, what’s that? Take a look at my sidebar right now. Do you see that glorious follow button (why haven’t you followed yet then?) Isn’t it just beautiful? Would you like one? Then let me tell you how…
How To Increase Followers With This Simple Tip
All you need is about five minutes going spare, it really is THAT easy!
- Firstly, ensure that you’ve got the Jetpack Plugin enabled.
- Generate your own follow button here.
- Copy your unique code.
- Head back over to your blog. Go to Appearance – Widgets.
- Add in a text widget to your sidebar.
- In the text/HTML section of your newly created text widget, paste in your code and save.
It all counts..
Just because you now have a follow button doesn’t mean to say that you should ditch the e-mail opt-ins entirely. Though you may not have many sign ups, every one is important to you, I’m sure. So continue to include these on your blog in a non-invasive way. I’ll leave you with some ideas below and if you’ve got questions about any of them, pop me a message or leave me a comment.
- Better Follow Button for Jetpack – This is a small, unobtrusive button you’re able to click on to subscribe to a blog. Do you see that in the bottom right hand corner of this blog? That’s the better follow button for Jetpack! I like that it follows the reader everywhere without getting in the way.
- Sidebar E-mail Opt-In – We all know about these and most of us already have them, I don’t need to tell you anything about this, surely?
- Comment Box Opt-In: When readers leave a comment on your blog there’s often the option to opt-in to e-mails, too. This is normally available for comment replies but you can also get one to receive new posts by e-mail. You can configure the setting for this by going to Jetpack Settings – Discussion – Subscriptions.
So now you know how to increase followers with this simple tip and it was easy, right? Hopefully you’ll now start to see an increase in followers from this – I have. If you need any additional help please do feel free to give me a shout. What else do you struggle with, within the blogging world?
Not yet self hosted?
Why the devil not? The options you’ll have for monetizing your blog will be wide open. The features and appearance options that are available will open you up to creating the blog of your dreams. All ownership will also be 100% yours.
Want to get started? Then purchase yourself a domain and web hosting. With Siteground hosting you have; round the clock support, it’s reliable, fast and secure, they’ll migrate your website for you and install WordPress. Plans start from as little as £2.95 a month. I personally use Siteground and can’t recommend them enough – they’ve saved my bacon a few times let me tell ya!
Do you know someone that isn’t making the most of a follow button on their blog? Then share this with them, make their day by solving a widespread problem. I don’t know about you, but this particular issue drove me crazy before I got it all figured out. Pay it forward by sharing this everywhere you can. You’ll not only help bloggers everywhere, but I’d rather enjoy the extra blog traffic, too. 😉