It’s rare that we see ourselves as an inspiration of any sort, yet it’s always so heartwarming when finding out that someone feels that way. When receiving recognition of any type for being an inspiration it simply blows you away, especially so when honoured with a blogger award. With my blog I aim to entertain, inspire, motivate and help other’s in any way that I can, no matter how small and last week I was recognised for those very sentiments with the following nomination. So today without further ado I bring you: Celebrating Inspiration with the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Celebrating Inspiration with the Sunshine Blogger Award
If you’re still wondering what the heck I’m rambling on about, I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love these awards because they give me the opportunity to connect with fellow bloggers, answering their questions, then asking my own of those I go on to nominate. I feel it’s the perfect opportunity for my readers to get to know a little more about me and connect with me on a deeper level, after all I see you all as friends, y’know? Furthermore, it really helps me out when I find myself stuck in a bit of a blogging rut, which coincidentally I am right now.
Thank you so much to LaFrieda of MMM of Family Entertainment for the nomination. You honestly made my whole week by doing so and I feel so humbled to know that you enjoy what my blog has to offer. I seriously recommend checking out LaFrieda’s blog, she’s created such a warm and uplifting space. This is a lady with solid morals and a strong love and loyalty for her family, the world could do with more like her!
So – what is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is recognition given to bloggers by their fellow bloggers. The aim is to honour those of which bring inspiration and positivity to the world through their blog content.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination.
1. What got you started in writing your own blog?
You can get a much more in depth answer to this over on my about page and my very first post on this blog, as this has changed over time. My current blog started because I missed the community and having a blog, also I hoped to someday turn it into my business.
2. Are you currently writing a book or have published one?
Great question! Over the years I’ve wrote little bits and pieces, but never a full book. The only thing I’m currently writing are my weekly blog posts, but I’d absolutely love to write a book someday! It’s just finding an idea that actually sticks.
3. What is your favorite part of the day (Early Morning, Midday Afternoon or Late-Night)?
This has definitely changed over the past few years (I used to be a night owl) but it has to be the morning. I love the hours before anyone else in my family is awake, it’s the only time I get to myself when I can work in peace free from distractions. The whole day is laid out ahead of me and no matter what kind of day I had the day before, there’s a brand new fresh start waiting for me.
4. Are you able to recite the alphabet backwards?
Definitely not, I can give you the last four letters and that’s about it.
5. Name one thing that inspires you about being a women?
Our ability to bring life into the world! Many things in life amaze me but creating new life and giving birth has to be the most incredible, amazing ability there is. To think about our bodies and how they function is astonishing, so the fact that a baby is a miniature of us, formulated from a copious amount of microscopic cells is simply phenomenal.
6. If you were to travel anywhere in the world that you have never been, where would you go?
New Zealand, without a doubt. It’s such a breathtakingly stunning place. Highly unlikely anytime in the near future, but it’s certainly up there in my top spot of places I’d love to explore.
7. What is your favorite song of all time?
This has got to be the hardest question to be asked. I can’t even pinpoint a favourite band/artist let alone a favourite song. This honestly changes pretty much every day. Recently I’ve been playing Linkin Park – A LOT! Leave Out All The Rest is a firm favourite, but then so are a number of their incredible songs.
8. If you could go back in time to any year where would it be and why?
Any of the years I’ve been alive for, or in general? If we’re talking generally I think I’d pick one from the 60’s, it would be so cool to get some first hand experience from one of the most iconic decades! The fashion, the music and the way of life would be really interesting to be a part of and learn more about.
9. Which method of traveling do you prefer (car, bus, airplane, train or bicycle)?
Car, roll on when I have one of my own!
10. What is your favorite dessert?
My preference jumps between one of two, mostly because if I have too much of one thing I’ll get bored. My ultimate favourite is probably meringue with fresh raspberries and cream, followed closely by cheesecake!
11. If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Always a tough one is this! Creative, empathetic and clumsy.
- Nyxie – Nyxie’s Nook
- Pamela – PamelaJessen.com
- Ashley – Irish Twins Momma
- Ells – Let Your Smile Shine
- Paloma – Wander Through
- Britt – Alternatively Speaking
- Stephanie – Between Folded Pages
- Mike – Neu Dad
- Ell – Ell Duclos
- Nadia – Nadz0511
- Kathleen – Made In The 1990’s
Here are my questions for you..
- What has been your biggest achievement?
- What is your motivation to blog?
- What’s one thing you wish to accomplish before you die?
- What’s your greatest dream in life?
- What is your number one favourite hobby?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- Pick any moment in life you feel has defined you the most and tell us, why do you feel that’s the case?
- If we were all colours, what colour would you be and why?
- Tell me, what is one mistake you’ve made that you’ll never make again?
- If you had the ability to fix one of the worlds problems, which would you choose to fix?
- You’ve been given a genie lamp – what three wishes are you asking the genie to grant?
Celebrating Inspiration with the Sunshine Blogger Award
So there we have it – Celebrating Inspiration with the Sunshine Blogger Award. Were you surprised by any of my answers? Do you feel I’m deserving of this award? Please do get in touch if you’ve nominated me for something else like this, or simply if you have some questions you’d like me to answer in a future Q&A.
Wanting to learn more about me, then why not read one of the following posts?
8 Reasons I Still Love Blogging After 3 Years
Why you NEED to be reflecting and setting goals to succeed!
Get to Know the Bizarre Mind of the Tea Obsessed
Why I Hide My Daughter’s Face in Photos
Celebrating Mother’s Day Now I’m A Mother
The Weird, Random and Magical – 7 Facts About Me